Learn irrigation basics from the pros
The modules in the Rain Bird Basics Online series were developed for people with little to no irrigation experience. This is non-manufacturer specific training, that covers the basics of irrigation adjustments, repairs and operation. The training includes major brands like Rain Bird, Toro, and Hunter. It is the first step in becoming an irrigation professional.
I learned some new things about proper installation, troubleshooting, and replacement of irrigation parts without wasting time or damaging the sod.
Heritage Landscape Services
This online training opened my mind to so many things that I did not know. I would like to take other online classes so that I can continue my progress.
The Rain Bird Basics Online series include the following topics:
Rain Bird Irrigation Basics Online
– Irrigation Systems Overview
– Evaluating an Irrigation System and Making Recommendations
– How Many Heads Per Irrigation Valve?
– Repairing PVC Pipe Breaks
– Repairing Poly Pipe Breaks
– Replacing Rotors and Spray Heads
– Rotor Nozzle Troubleshooting and Replacement
– Rotor Operation and Adjustment
– Rotating Nozzle Troubleshooting and Replacement
– Rotating Nozzle Operation and Adjustment
– Spray Nozzle Troubleshooting and Replacement
– Spray Nozzle Operation and Adjustment
– Valve Electric Solenoid and Replacement
– Replacing a Valve Diaphragm
– Controller Programs
– Installing a Rain Sensor
Rain Bird Drainage Basics Online
– Landscape Grading
– Calculating Slope
– Drainage Catch Basins
– Installing a Drainage Pop-up
Rain Bird Drip Irrigation Basics Online
– Maintaining a Drip System
– Repairing a Dripline Break
– Drip System Evaluation C&J
– Installing a Point-Source Emitter