2-Wire System Technician
This class will introduce students to decoder systems in general, design principles, and installation techniques. Additional emphasis is given to grounding techniques and using a simple decoder system setup for hands-on operation and troubleshooting common decoder system faults.
Unit 1 2-Wire System Overview
Unit 2 2-Wire System Design
Unit 3 2-Wire System Installation
Unit 4 Grounding and Surge Protection
Unit 5 Troubleshooting 2-Wire System Faults
Unit 6 Review and Exam
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Identify 2-Wire system components.
2. Identify 2-Wire system layouts.
3. Install 2-Wire system components.
4. Properly ground a decoder system.
5. Troubleshoot a Short, Open and an Earth Ground Voltage Fault in the ESP-LX two-wire path system.