This hardware training is designed to introduce and instruct the technician responsible for the maintenance, upkeep, troubleshooting and repair of the Maxicom Central Control irrigation system. Training is focused on each of the system’s hardware components followed with hands-on installation activities with the Central Controller, Weather Station, Site SAT, Cluster Control Unit, Satellite, and sensors. Additional topics include advanced communication protocols covering Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and Advanced Spread Spectrum modems as they integrate with the Maxicom Central Control system.
Unit 1 Introduction to Maxicom² Technician
Unit 2 Maxicom Hardware Components
Unit 3 Communication Protocols
Unit 4 Cluster Control Unit (CCU)
Unit 5 ESP-SAT Satellite Controller
Unit 6 Sensors
Unit 7 Practical Exercises (Programming Pulse and Sensor Decoders)
Unit 8 Practical Exercises (Programming PT3002/322)
Unit 9 Weather Station
Unit 10 ESP-Site Satellite
Unit 11 Practical Exercises (Work Stations 1,2,3,4)
Unit 12 Ethernet Communication Options for Maxicom
Unit 13 Spread Spectrum Radio Applications for Maxicom
Unit 14 Review & Examination
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. List the Communication Protocols available for the Maxicom Central Control System.
2. Define the difference between a 2-Wire and LINK Secondary Communication Path.
3. Demonstrate programming the Pulse Transmitter 3002 and 322.
4. Demonstrate operation of the Maxicom System using various Primary and Secondary Communication Protocols.
5. Define the capabilities of the Spread Spectrum radio available for Maxicom Primary and Secondary Communication.
6. Define the capabilities of the Ethernet Devices available for Maxicom Primary and Secondary Communication.
7. Demonstrate operation of the Maxicom System using Spread Spectrum Primary and Secondary Communication Protocols.
8. Demonstrate operation of the Maxicom System using Ethernet Primary and Secondary Communication Protocols.
Location Information and Class RegistrationSeptember 7, 2020